Being Sued in Small claims
If someone is suing you for $25,000 or less, they can file a small claim against
you in small claim court. They can file their within 2 years in small claim court. If you are being sued, you have several options:
- You can settle your case before the trial.
- You can prove you were sued in the wrong court.
- You can go to your trial and try to win.
- You can sue the person suing you.
- You can agree with the plaintiff’s claim and pay the money.
- You can not do anything.
Receiving a claim
If you're being sued in Small Claims Court, you will receive a Statement of Claim from the plaintiff. It will tell you what they're suing for, and why. The documents you receive should include:
- The complaint, including any attachments
- Answer form
- Information and Instruction for the Defendant
- Disclosure of Exempt Income form
Making a counter claim
You can make a counterclaim if you think:
- The plaintiff should have to pay you for something they did
- You think someone else is responsible for the plaintiff's loss
We provide the best legal settlement for the individuals and the companies. If you are being sued you need not worry and it is the best time to call us. We will try our maximum to settle down your matter with the plaintiff. To get peace of mind, call us in Los Angeles. We are a step ahead of your call.